Saturday, April 7, 2012

The houses we stayed at in Terengganu


When we moved to Kuala Terengganu, we rented a house in Taman Alamanda 2 or Jalan Tekukur or Taman Hjh. Kalsom (oh so many names!). The old name was Kampung Mok Pe'. My uncle still prefer to call this place with that name. We stayed there for 2 years. Here I learned to ride a motorbike, got into skateboarding and angry music. It was always flooding during musim tengkujuh. When the water rised so quickly, we had to carry our furniture to the higher part of the house. One day, one of my slippers were floating away by the fast flood water and I chased for it until the end of the block.


Then Ma bought a house in Kuala Ibai, just behind our school. It is just two minutes walk from the beach. Her cousin who owns a printing company (doing offset printing in town) had to sell it because of the economic crisis in 1996. I consider Kuala Ibai as my hometown, a place that is always in my mind and heart.


No comments: