Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Story of My Life - Social Distortion lyrics

Antara band yang aku dengar dari mixtape kawan kakak aku masa tahun 1996-97 dulu. Tak silap lagu yang melekat kat benak time tu "ball and chain" dengan "ring of fire". Ni lagu lain yang bes gila dan lirik ada macam idup aku jugak sikit-sikit. Bab kat sekolah aku tak minat sukan -merentas desa pun ponteng setiap tahun dengan alasan 'asma!'. Pastu pasal hometown aku sekarang dah takde familiar faces nak lepak kalau balik kampung sekali-sekala. Semua orang merantau/sibuk dengan kehidupan masing-masing sekarang ni. Well, that's life. Enjoy.



High school seemed like such a blur
I didn't have much interest in sports or school elections
And in class I dreamed all day
About a rock 'n' roll weekend
And the girl in the front of the room
So close yet so far
Y'know she never seemed to notice
That this silly school-boy crush wasn't just pretend

Chorus:
Life goes by so fast
You only want to do what you think is right
Close your eyes and then it's past;
(it's the) story of my life

And I went down to my old neighborhood
The faces have all changed, there's no one left to talk to
And the pool hall I loved as a kid is now a seven eleven

I went downtown to look for a job
I had no training, no experience to speak of
I looked at the holes in my jeans and turned and headed back

Chorus

Good times come and good times go
I only wish the good times would last a little longer
I think about the good times we had and why they had to end

So I sit at the edge of my bed
I strum my guitar and I sing an outlaw love song
Wonderin' bout what you're doin' now and when you're comin' back

Chorus

1 comment:

Fontonk said...

ring of fire lagu asal johnny cash. country sgt.
bak tang social distortion. haha